Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lazy Day Banana Bread and a few other things...

.

I really shouldn't buy bananas. I can never manage to eat them all before they start to go bad. Yet, for some reason they are the one thing that I can't seem to leave the grocery store without. I don't like to eat them after they get the least little brown spot on them (hence, not being able to eat them fast enough) and I'm not really sure what else there is to be done with over-ripe bananas. So needless to say, I make a lot of banana bread.
Here's the product of my little banana obsession. I usually end up making a loaf towards the end of each week.

Crochet has really captured my attention lately. I dabble in so many things that I tend to not stay focused on any one thing for more than a day or two but lately it's been crochet, crochet, crochet. This week I made a few dishcloths. The patterns are from a little Sugar 'n Cream book that was displayed near the Sugar 'n Cream brand yarn.

Doily Dish Cloth:



















Lacy Scallops:



















Granny Square Cloth:




















In other news...




My husband and I finally finished the first Lost puzzle in the series of four. I really don't think that we'll be putting together the other three. I gave the first one to him for Christmas last year and we are just now finishing it. It was a more challenging puzzle due to the fact that they don't show you what the finished product is supposed to look like, however, what really made it take so long is our lack of motivation to work on it. Over the past week and a half we've made a concerted effort to sit down and work it out, mostly because we were getting tired of it taking up table room in our office. One really cool little feature is that there is a secret message of sorts on the back of the puzzle which can be seen when you shine a black light on it. The down side is that to get the full message you have to put all four puzzles together and turn them over then fit the four of them together to reveal the message. It's supposed to unravel the secrets of the show and all the mysteries behind the island. But, needless to say, we'll just have to keep watching and obsessing over all the little details because we are really no more enlightened for having put in the long puzzling hours. We did preserve our efforts though with modge podge, to be displayed in our office.

No comments: