Monday, August 27, 2007

Crochet, Crochet

.
Ahh, another dishcloth. I've been on a roll with these lately. I love creating them. It sort of makes me feel very 19th century-like. :) I'm surprised at myself that I've stuck with crochet for this long. But I even find myself pouring over blogs and free patterns, books in the bookstore, magazines and the like. I've had "Crocheting School" for some time and I'm starting to experiment with some new stitches, not really creating anything but just practicing.
The cloth above has a picot edging. I've never done it before so it's less than perfect but I think it has a nice effect. I'm giving this to a friend as part of a very very late birthday present.

Here are some of my current purchases under consideration:


The Happy Hooker

Total Crochet for the Home

Cozy Crochet

Hip to Crochet

I haven't decided because, well, there are just SO many choices and I want to make a good one. I'm only going to invest in one or two books right now so they must be marvelous!

On another note my sweet little Daisy has been such a good sport in tolerating my new found crochet addiction. She just cuddles up next to me, sniffing and pawing at my yarn now and then.


When she starts to look like this I know it's time to take a break and play with her for a while!


No comments: